Welcome
Welcome to DaughterNature.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Co-dependency

This is intended to allow you to share resources you have found to be helpful in your q.uest for enlightenment and self growth. Be mindful that we have a Christian section and you are welcomed to view and post Christian books/literature and general resources there.

Moderator: tatiana

Co-dependency

Postby tatiana » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 am

I suggest:

Book Title: Codependent No More
Author: Melody Beattie
Why: It has helped me learn more about myself, my patterns/behaviour and how I can control how someone else's behaviour affects me.

Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself

[hr]

If you have read this book or want to share another book, please share your thoughts
Be Kind Today
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue..." (Prov. 18:21)
http://www.biblegateway.com
http://www.daughternature.com
Note: Links attached to certain words in article are from the "freeforum.org", not from daughternature.com.
tatiana

Co Dependent No more

Postby Ana » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I read this book out of curiosity and was taken by how much of it makes sense and I could identify with. You do not have to be a child of alcoholics or married to a substace abuser to relate to these stories.

There are controlling, manipulating folks out there which can affect ones life.

There is another book: Book Title: Healing the Shame That Binds You
Author: By John Bradshaw

I am reading now and it is also an excellent book on the subject. I have not finished reading it, but it has grabbed my attention so far.
Have a great day!
Ana

Return to Self Help / Edifying Literature